Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, uncooked,broken up (Discard flavor packet)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed,torn into pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Make the Sweet and Sour dressing and set aside (blend together the last 6 ingredients).
- Brown walnuts and noodles in butter; cool on paper towels.
- Combine noodles and walnuts with broccoli, romaine and onions.
- Pour sweet and sour dressing over salad and toss to coat well.
I made a half batch of this yesterday to go with our dinner and we loved it. I used olive oil instead of vegetable and honey instead of sugar. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting DD!
Made this last night for a dinner party and everyone loved it. Thanks for posting.
Loved it!!! What a nice change.