Use any kind of fish you like in this pie. The filling is gorgeously thick and creamy.
Make and share this Crunchy Fish Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm tart tin. Chill the pastry case for 30 mins, then bake blind in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the fish, milk and bay leaf in a saute pan and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 3 minutes, remove from the heat, cover with a lid and leave until cold.
- Strain the liquid into a jug, discard the bay leaf and set aside.
- Flake the fish into large pieces and put them in the tart case with the spring onions and prawns.
- Put the reserved milk and cream in a saucepan with the flour and butter. Stir constantly over a low heat until the sauce thickens and reaches boiling point.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Season well with salt and pepper and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and bake at Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes.