1/2 Photos of Crunchy Fish Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Use any kind of fish you like in this pie. The filling is gorgeously thick and creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm tart tin. Chill the pastry case for 30 mins, then bake blind in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- 2Put the fish, milk and bay leaf in a saute pan and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 3 minutes, remove from the heat, cover with a lid and leave until cold.
- 3Strain the liquid into a jug, discard the bay leaf and set aside.
- 4Flake the fish into large pieces and put them in the tart case with the spring onions and prawns.
- 5Put the reserved milk and cream in a saucepan with the flour and butter. Stir constantly over a low heat until the sauce thickens and reaches boiling point.
- 6Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Season well with salt and pepper and pour over the fish.
- 7Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and bake at Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Fish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 171.1 mg
- Sodium 1080.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 36.1 g