Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Melt in your mouth cookies with a little crunch. Very easy to make and super yummy!
- 112 g butter, softened
- 20 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 112 g flour
- 92 g toasted cereal (or granola without raisins) or 92 g chopped nuts
- 10 g oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add the egg yolk. Sift in flour and salt and stir to combine. Add cereal or nuts and oatmeal. Blend well.
- Using your hands (flour them if the dough is too sticky) take lumps of dough and form them into small balls. Put on a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Really, really nice cookies ~ Easy to make & with great taste, too, so . . . I used a generous measure of honey bunches of oats (probably my favorite cereal after grape nuts) & that worked out just fine! I look forward to making these again & again ~ Love that crunch! Thanks for sharing! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 22]
This is a wonderful cookie . I doubled the granola to up the crunch. Cooking time given worked perfectly for me so thanks Loula, made for Holiday Tag.
A very nice butter cookie! I like the versatility of this and chose to work with macadamia nuts and some Special K cereal. Lalaloula zmailed me the American amounts as follows: 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 cup flour, a little less than 7/8 cup cereal, and a heaping tablespoon of oatmeal. Thank you Lalaloula for sharing. Made for the Ramadan tag game.