Recipe by Tish
The combination of ramen noodles and cabbage make this salad a successful and "crunchy" combination!
Top Review by Sherrybeth
Very good salad. I'm not a big fan of mandarin oranges, but I thought I would give this a whirl. I was very pleased! I did reduce my canola oil to 1/4 cup the second time I made it. Thanks Tish!!
- 4 cups green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, reserve ramen flavor packet for dressing
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups unsalted roasted cashews or 2 cups peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and orange segments.
- Refrigerate until ready to toss salad Crush the ramen noodles into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Empty the ramen flavor packet into a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the canola oil, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar, stirring until the dressing is well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve When you are ready to serve the salad, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Add the cashews or peanuts and noodles, tossing again.
- Serve immediately.