Crunchy Red Cabbage Slaw Salad
Another recipe that I collected with an eye to eating healthier. I think red cabbage is underused anyway. If you threw some cooked chicken in with this if you wanted a bit more substance in this light meal. You could also more than likely use light mayo to make it even lower in fat. This is from British TV cook Silvana Franco and was first published in the July 2006 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 red apple, coarsely grated
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Using a large knife, shred the cabbage.
- Place in a large bowl with the carrot, apple and green onions.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar and oil. Season.
- Toss with the salad and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked this but it wasn't over the top wow in our opinion. The dressing is like a creamy vinagrette. It was a nice change from 'standard' coleslaw! We all agreed that having the apple in the salad & omiting the usual sugar in the dressing was a nice change. Made for the vegetarian recipe swap 8/08. :)Reply