Recipe by nortocbaking101
This is another Nigella recipe.
Top Review by Nif
This made for a wonderful Sunday brunch! I put this all together last night and today I baked it for about 10 minutes more than directed, as I usually do with my oven. The recipe was increased so that 4 of us would each get a sandwich. It was filling and very tasty and I really liked the slight kick of Dijon. Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks nortocbaking101! :)
- 6 slices multigrain bread
- 75 g Dijon mustard
- 125 g gruyere cheese
- 70 g ham
- 6 eggs
- 80 ml skim milk
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each slice of bread with mustard.
- make sandwiches by putting cheese in then a slice of ham between 2 slices of bread
- Cut each sandwich in half to make triangles.
- squish sandwiches into an ovenproof dish about 27x21x6cm.
- Beat together eggs and milk, pour over sandwiches.
- Cover with clingwrap and leave overnight.
- Next day preheat oven to 390 degrees farenheit.
- take dish out of fridge and remove clingfilm.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.