Foot-Long Croque Monsieur
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat for a few minutes until hot.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine, cooking for 2 minutes and stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 tbsp of thyme and slowly whisk in the milk.
- Simmer the bechamel sauce for 2 more minutes while whisking. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the 3 cheeses together in a bowl.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Fill with mustard, ham and half of the cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Preheat the broiler. Spread the bechamel sauce on top of the sandwich and sprinkle over the leftover cheese mixture. Broil until golden-brown, about 6 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining thyme.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!