Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I posted this good recipe from Weight Watchers for ChicagoRN and want to share it here. It is delicious. Enjoy it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, extra lean and boneless
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 French rolls (can use low calorie, high fiber rolls) or 12 sandwich buns (can use low calorie, high fiber rolls)
- Place beef in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients, except rolls. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours or overnight.
- Shred beef by pulling it apart with 2 forks and add one cup sauce.
- Reheat mixture in microwave or on stovetop and spoon BBQ beef onto warm, open-face rolls or buns. Top with additional warm sauce if desired.
- Nutrition Information per Serving: 298 Calories; 16g Fat; 18g Protein; 19g Carbohydrates; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g; Cholesterol; 373mg Sodium.
Wow I just loved this recipe! It is not the type of BBQ I usually like but something about it had me going back for more. I used rice wine vinegar with garlic instead of the red wine vinegar along with brown spicy mustard instead of the Dijon, only because that is what I had on hand. I quadrupled the sauce, cooked on low about 10 hours and served with coleslaw on top. Thanks for sharing!!
I tried this recipe on a whim for a beer tasting party. The sauce doesn't make much so I had to make an additional batch for post-cooking, but the flavor was fantastic. I added a dash of liquid smoke to the sauce (as well as a dash directly in the crock pot before starting cooking), and it mellowed out quite nicely. I was able to get about 15+ small sandwiches out of this recipe. Everyone raved about them and it's definitely a keeper... and so easy! I had every ingredient already. Next time, I'll have to try the coleslaw suggestion.
Try putting Coleslaw on the sandwiches.itis really good!