Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Tender, tasty venison.
- 1 venison roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef stew seasoning
- 2 -3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- Wash and dry roast and place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mix and place vegetables around roast.
- Add water.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Reduce to low setting and cook another 3 to 4 hours until fork tender.
- Remove roast and slice.
- Discard the vegetables.
I tried this with a 7 lb Elk roast. By far the best roast I have ever cooked! It didn't take long to finish it with the help of 4 of my friends.
I followed directions exactly and it came out great. The meat was very tender. I made gravy using about 2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed in cold water and then added to juice in pot. The vegetables need to be discarded so I would not recommend adding potatoes.
The family really enjoyed this dish. We used the beef roast seasoning #130385. I think we may have to take up deer hunting.