- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 907.18 g ground turkey (not ground turkey breast, too dry!)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (864.66 g) can kidney beans, undrained
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 2.46 ml liquid smoke
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 78.07 ml mild chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 1 large dried New Mexico chile, crumbled
- 4.92 ml hot red chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in skillet. Saute onions and garlic until soft, and slightly browned. Put into crock pot.
- Heat remaining oil and brown ground turkey (I use ground dark meat, not as dry as breast meat when cooked). Put meat into crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir together.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve in large bowls, with cornbread on side.
- Optional toppings at table: Diced red or sweet yellow onion. Shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese. Sour cream.