Crock Pot Green Turkey Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this in a Crock Pot cookbook. Can't wait to make this and give it a try.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 lbs skinless turkey
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium green tomatillo salsa
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- red onion
- lime wedge
- Put turkey thighs on top of onion in a 3 1/2 quart or larger crock pot. Add beans and corn. Mix salsa, chiles, garlic, cumin and salt in a medium bowl, pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until meat is tender. Remove turkey to a cutting board. Cut into bite size pieces, discard bones.
- Return meet to cooker, stir in cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a big hit with my family and will quickly become a favorite. I added a little chili powder, doubled the garlic and the green chilis. I used small white beans rather than the white kidney beans and did not use any canned corn. It made great tacos the next day. Thank you for posting this recipe!Reply