Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I'm so excited! I just found this recipe and made some changes more to my liking. I would make it tomorrow, but DH will be away on business. I love tuna casserole, but never thought of making one in a crock pot. Prep time does not include hard boiling the eggs.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 cups diced celery
- 3 cups crushed potato chips, divided
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except 1 1/2 cup potato chips, in slow cooker and stir well.
- Top mixture with remaining 1 1/2 cup potato chips.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 8 hours.
I loved the potato chips and the hardboiled egg in this one. Delicious and filling. Served it with a side of white rice.
Nicole, you are not missing anything. This is a "noodle-less" version!
Prep time way off; takes much longer than 10 minutes just to boil, peel, & chop eggs! I did miss the noodles! I was looking for a healthier version. Whole grain noodles would've been healthier than chips! So, I'm still searching for a slow cooker recipe WITH NOODLES ; )