Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Spectacular Thai Curry Beef for the Crock pot! You MUST try this recipe! Great served over rice. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Toss meat with flour and salt to coat.
- Put steak, peppers and onion in crock pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over steaks.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on High 3-4 hours.
Easy enough recipe. We will likely not make this again. I used an entire can, probably about 4 tbsp of red curry paste and we still found it to be incredibly bland. I think IF I ever used this recipe again, I wouldn't slow cook it. It would be a very easy stovetop recipe. It was just watery and bland. I followed the recipe exactly except for the cut of meat, I used stewing beef instead.
This is a great recipe! I use green curry paste instead of red it is is yummy. With green it can run on the spicy side, so start with 1 1/2 T first and test it before putting in the full 2 T of the paste.
I will admit it is very easy to make. I personally didn't like the texture of the meat after it's been stewed all day. Doesn't seem appropriate for a thai recipe.