- Heat the oil in a skillet, then coat the steak with flour and brown in the oil.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and drain.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Place the steak on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes and tomato sauce over the meat.
- Cover; cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 6 hours.
Very easy to make. Very very tender. My whole family loved it so much.
This is the first recipe I have tried from here and thought it was wonderful! Easy to make and tasty. What a great first impression. Perfect for a chilly fall night..
So tasty! I did make a few changes though. I didn't use the tomato sauce as listed but used 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes. I also put some oregano, garlic powder, 4 cloves of garlic and black pepper in it to give more flavour and used 2 steaks. What a nice meal to come home to! The potatoes and carrots weren't mushy at all and were cooked perfectly!