Recipe by Claire #3
Sweet and Sour Chicken from the BHG Crocker Cookbook.
Top Review by ChefJen #306542
Everybody loved it. I had to subsitute mandarine oranges for the pineapple (since my mom won't touch anything with pineapple in it) but it was still a hit. I imagine it would have been wonderful with the pineapple. Thank you for submiting the yummy recipe.
- 3 carrots, cut up
- 1 large cut up green pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 lbs frozen meaty chicken, on bone, skinned
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vegetables in crock pot.
- Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine undrained pineapple, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, bouillon granules and ginger.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and chicken.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.