Recipe by Mindi Bunch
This is from the Oct. 5, 2004 Edition of Woman's World magazine.
Top Review by CIndytc
Great recipe...I did do a few changes though. I added 1 cup of half and half to meatballs, and I baked them in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes so my sauce would not get greasy...then I doubled sauce and put in crockpot on low for 5 hours (my crockpot is very hot)...turned out perfect...
- 4 slice white bread, finely chopped
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 59.16 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 297.66 g can condensed French onion soup
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine bread with 1/2 cup water; let stand until absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in beef, yolks, 2 tablespoons parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- With wet hands roll heaping tablespoonfuls of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
- Place in crock pot.
- In bowl, mix together soup and flour; pour over meatballs.
- Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours); stir.
- Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.