Recipe by soulmatesforever
My husband has tried many different recipes for cabbage rolls and swears these are the best he has ever had.
Top Review by Greeny4444
These were wonderful! I made them to have for dinner last night and got compliments all around the house (husband and father-in-law). I read the reviews and doubled the sauce, and I am definitely glad I did! Other than that, I used dried minced onion (2 tsp.), added garlic powder to the filling (1 tsp.), and I used ground turkey. The rolls cooked for about 8 1/2 hours on low, while I finished my holiday shopping, and they didn't fall apart or anything (mine looked just like the photo from loof)! My husband thought he wouldn't like them when he heard what I was making, but he did! I served the rolls over noodles and I also made some oven-roasted sweet potato slices to go with it. Thanks for this awesome recipe!
- 12 leaf savoy cabbage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce (I use Bravo)
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Immerse cabbage leaves in large kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain.
- Combine egg, 1/4 cup of sauce, onion, salt, pepper, beef, and cooked rice.
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place in slow-cooking pot.
- Combine tomato sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.