My husband has tried many different recipes for cabbage rolls and swears these are the best he has ever had.
- Immerse cabbage leaves in large kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain.
- Combine egg, 1/4 cup of sauce, onion, salt, pepper, beef, and cooked rice.
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place in slow-cooking pot.
- Combine tomato sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.