Recipe by Rachael's Kitchen Goodies
Easy crock pot recipe.
Top Review by Little Mamma 2
I tried this recipe for my family and even added a can of cream of chicken soup. We served it with rice. Everyone enjoyed it, however even with the can of soup added it just seemed a slight, slight bit bland. Like it was missing a little something. Maybe add a little garlic when you saute the vegetables, or maybe use olive oil in place of the vegetable oil. All and all it was very good, just needs a little kick.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb skinless chicken thigh
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package mushroom gravy mix
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Sauté 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add chicken and cook 6-7 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add to crock pot.
- Combine mushroom gravy mix and milk.
- Stir into chicken mixture in crock pot.
- Add mushrooms and liquid to crock pot.
- Set temperature to LOW and cook 4-6 hours, until chicken cooked through.