This is a recipe that's very easy and simple. I think it's some of the most flavorful chicken (I've made) with no salt added! I love these as tacos with romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, shredded cheesed and some sour cream. It get's really spicy with the added Ro*Tel in there so I omit it unless I'm wanting a lot of heat. I added the beans and corn because it's "acts" like a corn salsa/refried beans, I suppose. It's great to throw together before you run off to work. It feeds me for a week but I cook for one.
- 1 lb frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7 ounces caned chipotle chiles in adobo (not drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canno salt added whole kernel golden sweetcorn (not drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (optional,drained, it can it super spicy)
- put the frozen chicken on the bottom of the crock pot
- add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- spread over the chicken and make sure the top is coated as much as possible.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- shred then enjoy (Make sure that you shred up the chipotles too).