Cheesy Chipotle Chicken
I love to play 'Iron Chef' sometimes with what I have in my fridge and pantry. I came up with this chicken recipe using yummy melty fontina cheese and my favorite ingredient, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce!! I hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo (use 2 peppers out of the can-chop using food-prep gloves)
- 1⁄2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded (or cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry your thighs and place them in a glass baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet on medium heat and saute the onions and garlic until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the adobo peppers and saute for 2 more minutes turning the heat down to medium-low.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce and fontina. Stir and melt the cheese with the sauce (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in the cream until blended then stir in the lime juice and blend well.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the oven to a serving platter and top with the fresh cilantro then serve!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This took a bit of doing in the Uk but I found Fontina via Waitrose & Adobes via Mexgrocers, this is yummers, I'm a huge cheese fan anyway (my waistline isn't, but halve the portions if inclined as much as me). I loved the lime/coriander flavours. (Chuckled though at "rinse your thights"). I used breast fillets as always, but thanks for a great recipe I can easily adapt as always. Had1Reply
see 6 more