Recipe by Terry Davis
If you like shredded beef burritos this is so easy to make, plus you don't have to watch it cook.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 4/5/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I only had a 1 1/2 pound roast so due to what was on hand this is how it was made. I used the full amount of seasonings.Also, the amount of garlic stayed the same and a small onion was used. Instead of the 2 tomatoes and chilis, a small can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes w/ chilis were used.For the amount of liquid, I used the liquid from the Ro-tel and added enough water to equal 1/2 cup. This was made in a 2-quart crockpot and cooked for 6 hours.For the tortillas I used Recipe#240807. Made a great Mexican meal at our home.I bet this would be just as great with pork. This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chili pepper, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 12 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove as much fat as possible from roast.
- Place roast in crock pot and cover with remainder of ingredients except tortillas.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- With fork shred roast and stir well with other ingredients in crock pot.
- Drain meat mixture well and serve in flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.