Creamy Smothered Ground Beef Burritos
photo by Meckinzie C.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, until the beef browned. While beef is browning, mix together in a small bowl, the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt pepper and cornstarch. After beef is browned, sprinkle the seasoning mix over the beef and mix well. Stir in water and simmer until water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, green chilies and cheese.
- Mix about half of the cheese mixture with the ground beef. Divide the meat mixture evenly between tortillas and roll up. Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then serve with desired garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!