Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl well, then pour over chicken, making sure to get sauce on every piece.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
We were a bit disappointed with this one. It was okay, but we decided it was not a keeper.
This meal was not liked by our family. The chicken turned out too dry (would recommend increasing liquids) and my children (2 & 5) had issues with the color the chicken turned, after cooking (a dark brown). No of us really appriciated the overall flavor of this dish. We will not be adding this to our meal rotation.
Thanks for this recipe, Lennie! I made it last night using PORK CHOPS (boneless, and fairly thick) instead of the chicken. I cooked them for 6 hours and they were just right. I served them with rice noodles (pad thai type) and my family wants me to make it again! (Perhaps I'll try it with chicken next time!)