8 hrs 20 mins
This is a variation of the recipe posted by AshleyAnne. Preparation and ingredients are different, but credit for the concept should be given to her! I came home at lunch and added the vegetables into the crock pot so they did not overcook. If you cannot do this, leave the potatoes whole so they take longer to cook through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove roast from freezer, and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2Place roast in a crock pot.
- 3Add chopped onion.
- 4Add can of beef broth.
- 5Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- 6Add other vegetables half way through cooking. Add water to better cover the vegetables if necessary.
- 7Remove vegetables and roast from crock pot and reserve broth.
- 8Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium.
- 9Add flour and cook for two minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- 10Add 1 1/2 cups of the reserved broth and bring to a boil. Cooking into smooth and thickened.
- 11Add sour cream, salt and pepper and heat through.
- 12Serve with roast and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roast With Sour Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 798.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 37.7 g