Recipe by Alskann
Just something I threw together one day when we were going to be gone all day and I didn't want to do the same old (but yummy) crock pot roast. The "drippings" from this dish make a very flavorful gravy to serve with the roast and mashed potatoes. I think this would be good with a few sliced carrots and celery tossed in also. **This can also be used with moose and other wild game** This is a nice way to cook wild game that tends to be a bit dry. You can add water if it is too salty for your tastes.
Top Review by Renira
Great tasting recipe! Try to use as many low-sodium or no-sodium seasoning packets as you can as this does get rather salty (even for my tastes and I'm a salt lover). You can always add more salt later if you like. I always use a Cabernet with this which goes very well with the spices involved. I also forgo the mushrooms since I'm not a big fan. ;) Awesome. Thanks!
- 3 lbs beef roast (boneless)
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packagezesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with PAM.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Empty contents of soup mix, gravy, and both salad dressing envelopes over roast in crock pot - sprinkling evenly.
- Add wine.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle thyme over top of all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- I use the drippings to make a delicious, flavorful gravy.