Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I got the original recipe for this from Cooks.com. I love potato and leek soup and didn't want to spend the time watching this or heating up the kitchen so doing it in my crock pot was perfect. When this was finished cooking I pureed the soup. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but this is the way I like it.
Top Review by Abby, Sarah & Eli's Mom
Delicious Soup. However, I would like an alternative to the canned soup additions. I am looking for a one hundred percent homemade soup without any processed or canned foods in it.
- 6 potatoes (I used the ones with the thin skin)
- 2 leeks
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 stock celery
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- chopped chives (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all the above vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot except the milk and chives.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. You could also cook this for 10-12 hours on low if you prefer.
- Stir in the milk during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve with chopped chives as a garnish.
- Bon Appetit.