1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Pepper Steak
4 hrs 20 mins
My version of Pepper Steak, compiled from several different recipes on the web and adjusted to taste and what I had in the fridge! This is a "runnier" version as opposed to a thicker sauce, it's great for dunking! Nice winter comfort food on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced in rings
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1Cut chuck steak into julienned strips, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and saute with the chopped garlic and pepper flakes in the tablespoon of olive oil until lightly browned.
- 2Transfer the chuck steak to a large crock pot.
- 3Mix the 3 tablespoons of flour with the beef broth and pour on top of meat.
- 4Add the Teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato and brown sugar.
- 5Stir well and cook on high for two hours.
- 6After two hours of cooking on high, add the onion and peppers, turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1420.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef chuck steaks