Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I cannot remember where I found this recipe, but it sure is great once the evenings get cool.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pound into meat.
- heat oil in a heavy skillet, brown meat.
- Drain oil, and place into crock pot.
- Blend the undiluted soup and ketchup.
- Pour over meat in crock pot.
- Cook on low heat 6-8 hours till meat is tender.
- One hour before serving add pepper strips and continue to cook.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This was a super easy and satisfying meal,Michelle!I love the flavor of the onion and the tomato,this was delcious!!The whole family ate and didnt complain once(WHAT!!!!)I will definatly make this again,the only change I made was to use a pot roast instead of the round steaks I didnt change anything else I served with mashed potatoes and some egg noodles(for those who disapprove of boxed mashed potatoes:)We had a wonderful meal,Thanks michelle!!
We really enjoyed this steak. Great taste. I served this over rice with the delicious sauce spooned over it. Will make this again.
This was very good and easy, even DS liked it. Followed the recipe exactly. Serves with french fries and broccoli.