Recipe by Dancer^
This makes a wonderful Sunday dinner
Top Review by ChOw_TiMe
I was not inprest with this dish I thought it had no flavor to it, greasy, and dry. I followed the directions to the T. I feel that it could have used more water and I think adding some onions to it would make the meet tast better and more tender.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 8 red potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, place potatoes, carrots and garlic. Rub beef roast with rosemary, salt and pepper; place on top of vegetables. Add water and wine. Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 11 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove pot roast; trim fat if necessary. Arrange pot roast and vegetables on serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Just before serving, carve port roast across the grain into thin slices.
- For gravy, strain cooking liquid; skim off fat. In small saucepan, combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture until blended. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Garnish beef and vegetables with parsley; serve with gravy.