Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a friend and it always disappears at covered dish events.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- salt & pepper
- After the macaroni is cooked and drained, stir all ingredients together in crock pot.
- Make sure all is mixed up well.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours.
I love this recipe! Cheap, easy and everyone loves it, my sister in-law requested I bring for her wedding potluck she is having.
I would agree you can cut back on the cheese - I used 5 cups and it was *very* cheesy. I added about 1/2 cup of milk about half way through the cooking because it seemed a little dry. I liked this recipe because it was easy and only took about 2 hours to cook (quick).
Made this for thanksgiving b/c my son is very picky eater. He loves his "crock pot mac and cheese" and will even eat this for leftovers! Mom-in-law says it tastes just like Stouffers. I did use 1 can evaporated milk and topped off rest of quart with 2%. Yum!!! Will def. make again.