Recipe by bmcnichol
This is a quick and easy crock pot recipe to put together. My children really enjoy this recipe. I adapted this from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 6/14/10. Since there are just two of us the recipe was adjusted as follows, two very large chicken breast halves were used.Which were cut into chunks and browned with the small onion in about 2 Tablespoons of margarine. ( just for a bit of color ) 1 can of soup was used along with just enough milk to make the soup pourable. Cooked on high for about 1/2 hour and on low for for about 3 hours.Now since this was made to go in the freezer, the noodles aren't going to be cooked until later.( after I cook the noodles, I'll post a photo ) But, I did taste it and thought it was very good. Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine the soup, milk, onion, salt, basil and pepper and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook 5-6 hours longer or until the meat juices run clear.
- Serve over noodles.