Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I recently found this recipe on About.com. My family really likes it but we found that is it great filling for breakfast burritos.
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In a small skillet, cook onion and green pepper in olive oil until crisp tender. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Place frozen hash browns in the slow cooker.
- Add ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasonings until well mixed.
- Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, until casserole is set and eggs are thoroughly cooked.
Very easy and delicious breakfast to wake up to on Christmas morning. We used turkey bacon instead of ham and enjoyed every morsel! Thank you for posting this recipe - sure to be a family favorite.
I've made this several times. It's very good. I omit the ham, add 1/2t dry mustard and sausage. We eat this for breakfast night. Usually as breakfast burritos with green chili and sour cream Yummy!