Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is good. Even my 2 year old who doesn't like meat will eat this. Very easy to make.
- 2 large potatoes, pared and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks, floured, browned and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Place layers of vegetables in the order given. Put in crock pot. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Put the browned meat on top.
- Mix soup, 1/2 can of water, envelope gravy mix, 1 cup water. Pour into crock pot.
- Cover, cook low 6-8 hours; high 3-4 hours.
Really easy to put together before work. Came home to a complete dinner. This was really good so I will definately make again.
Super easy and so tender and tasty. I sliced the potatoes and carrots thin and skipped the peas.Cooked on HI this was done in 3 hours. Thanks for posting Ludwigj. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Substituted Cream of Chicken Soup. Next time with add more potatoes per family request. Found this easy to prepare. Very good!