Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Easy way to make a nice roast along with potatoes & carrots or even celery if you like... You can also flavor further with your favorite seasonings to suit your taste. So simple using the crock pot. This is a great comfort food perfect for the Fall & Winter months.
- 4 lbs pork roast (or whatever size you like)
- 1 large onion (sliced into 3 thick slices to place roast on)
- 1 (4 tablespoon) envelope dry onion soup mix (Lipton Recipe Secrets, 1 full envelope of the 2 envelope per 2 oz. box)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 3 -4 carrots, cut up
- olive oil, to coat crock pot
- Coat crock with olive oil. Slice onion into 3 thick slices & place on bottom of crock. Place roast on top of onion. Add potatoes & carrots around roast.
- Mix dry soup mix with 1 cup of water & pour over roast & vegetables.
- Brush Kitchen Bouquet onto roast. Sprinkle roast with rest of seasonings to taste. (You can also add thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc.)
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours.
We really enjoyed this roast. None of my family likes meat that is seasoned with a sweet taste. This recipe is easy and fit the bill!! I made as written with the exception that I was out of Kitchen Bouquet , so I browned the roast on all sides first. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.