Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Serve with rice or over mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chili-Beer Brisket of Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- Place beef brisket, fat side down, in crock pot.
- Sprinkle brisket with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour chili sauce over brisket.
- Put crock pot on low for 3 hours. Or cover tightly and cook in slow oven (325 degrees F.) for 3 hours.
- Pour beer over brisket.
- Increase temperature to moderate and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Place brisket on large serving platter.
- Slice brisket very thin and serve with hot cooking liquid.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and parsley.
I have a similar recipe that has only 1/2 cup chili sauce , 2 tsp. brown sugar and a clove of minced garlic. Other ingredients are the same. Just thought I'd post this here for a variation!
Good dinner! Flavorful gravy/juice! Next time I will brown the roast first to make sure it is nice and tender. This is definitely a keeper!