Recipe by Julesong
I love chile verde, and this is the recipe I came up with to use when I'm away all day...
Top Review by teachfcs2003
I have made this recipe about five times. I use shredded chicken, leave out the salt, and use no salt added stock. It makes my house smell good. The left overs are great too.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean pork, cubed
- 2 -3 mild anaheim chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and sliced (or more, to taste)
- 8 large tomatillos, husk peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- When onion is soft, put it in the crock pot.
- In the same pan you sautéed the onion and garlic in, add a little more oil, turn up the heat, and brown the cubed pork.
- Put the pork and remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
- Turn on medium and cook for at least 6 hours.