Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A wonderful meal to put in the crock pot in the morning and be able to come home to a delicious dinner.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons flour, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place all ingredients, except flour-water mixture, in the slow cooker/Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Add flour mixture in the last 15 to 20 minutes and cook until thickened.
What a wonderful dish and how convenient to throw everything in the crockpot. I cooked my chicken breasts about 4 hours and it came out moist and tender. We loved the crandberry sauce which is a perfect compliment to the chicken. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper, Sassy. Can't wait to make it again!!!!
Sorry this one didn't turn out the way I expected. The chicken was dry and the cranberries were sour and bland.
This was absolutely wonderful!!!! The Chicken was so tender it just melted in your mouth.