Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mother used to make chicken and rice in the crock pot when I was a kid and it was my favorite. The big difference between our recipes is she used chicken with the bone and no potatoes. Everyone who tries this falls in love with it!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 ounces organic chicken broth
- 4 organic bouillon cubes, dissolved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups parboiled rice
- Add all ingredients except rice and cook on Low for 6-8 hours OR High for 4 hours.
- Add rice and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garden salad, warm bread and white wine.
I wouldn't die for it, but it was a hearty casserole. I had to add stock as it got too dry.
very good meal quick and easy the way i like it it had a wonderful taste as well.
The name of this recipe 2 Die 4 is so true. Loved this recipe. Had some left-overs to put in the freezer. They where not in there for long. Thanks for a really nice chicken dish.