10 hrs 10 mins
Posted in response to a request, chicken pieces in a Hungarian-style paprika and sour cream sauce. The source is unknown. NOTE: Although the recipe did not indicate, I would remove the skin from the chicken before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the water, chicken, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano into the crock pot.
- 2Stir to blend.
- 3Cover the pot and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours until chicken is tender.
- 4Remove chicken pieces from the crock pot and skim fat from the remaining sauce.
- 5Remove 1/4 cup liquid from the crock pot and allow to cool a bit.
- 6Blend flour with the 1/4 cup cooled juices and return the flour mixture to the liquid in the crock pot.
- 7Mix well and stir until thickened.
- 8Blend in sour cream.
- 9Return chicken to the pot and allow to heat through, but do not boil.
- 10Serve on cooked noodles if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.0
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 236.9 mg
- Sodium 913.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 54.7 g