Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A different blend of seasonings make a wonderfully easy dinner to come home to. I made this with ingredients I had in my fridge and since it turned out so well and my family enjoyed it I decided to post.
- 5 red potatoes
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml lemon & herb seasoning
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 118.29 ml brie cheese (rind removed and cubed)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (could substitute chicken breasts if desired)
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup (I used 50% reduced fat type)
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml bacon bits
- Slice potatoes and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl melt butter, combine with lemon herb seasoning, minced garlic and cubed brie. Toss potatoes in butter mixture. Add to crock pot.
- In a frying pan brown chicken thighs. Place on top of potatoes.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with chicken broth. Pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle real bacon bits over all.
- Cook for 1hr on high. Reduce temperature to low setting and cook for 4-5 hours more.
- Using slotted spoon ladle chicken and potatoes onto plate -- enjoy.
Very good! My husband too loved it and the dish reminded him of something he used to have in childhood.
Super Supper! Smelled wonderful and tasted even better. My hubby requested I add it to our "rotation", which is his highest praise! Thanks Tiggrr for a keeper!