Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy recipe you can premake the night before then turn on the crockpot in the morning before you go to work. It'll be ready when you get home!
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- lemon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained or 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- After removing the skin, sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and paprika, then place in the crock pot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken pieces.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles.
This was an easy and tasty dish that was quick to put together. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, low fat sour cream and low sodium cream of mushroom soup. I also used fresh mushrooms and used about 1/3 cup of white wine and cooked the recipe on low for about five hours. I can't imagine how this would taste with chicken broth as the wine really gave the dish an extra kick that would have been lacking. I would like to add more to this dish, such as carmelized onions and garlic and see how that goes. I served this with egg noodles and a green salad on the side. Thanks for posting!
My hubby and I loved this dish! I modified it by using Cream of Broccoli soup, 1 clove of minced garlic and fresh portabello mushrooms. I will be trying it with boneless/skinless breasts next time as the others fell apart and we were picking out little rib bone pieces as we ate!
This is a nice dish. I halved the sour cream and doubled the wine. Also I used fat free sour cream and low fat cream of mushroom soup. Also I added half a cup of water because I was worried about burning. The chicken was super tender. However some of the mushrooms burned to the side of my crockpot. So if you will be around while you are cocking maybe you should wait to add the mushrooms until halfway through cooking.