Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Comfort food! The secret to perfect dumplings is to not over mix the batter and to drop the batter onto very hot, bubbling liquid. That way the dumplings begin cooking immediately and don't get soggy.
- In a 3-4 quart crock pot, mix potato and carrots.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken broth, flour and spices and blend well until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables in crock pot.
- Add chicken.
- Cover crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Add peas and cover again.
- Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes until peas are hot.
- In small bowl, combine baking mix and milk and mix just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Drop by tablespoons onto hot chicken mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20-25 minutes until dumplings are cooked through, are fluffy, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.