Recipe by Bluenoser
cook your fondue in the crock pot, and keep it warm for the party
Top Review by michelle strange
This was great!! I added just a pinch more salt, pepper, mustard, and worcestershire and threw in some garlic powder for extra flavor. I used evaporated milk, and it was a little thick, so I just added a little more reg. milk. I also didn't have 2 cups of reg. cheddar, so I used a little colby jack...We used a loaf of garlic bread chopped, and toasted for dipping.....yum!! I'm going to make some more today, but make a double batch. Thanks!! Michelle Strange
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- IN a saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt if desired, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 mins or til thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Add cheese.
- Cook and stir til melted.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Keep warm on LOW.
- Serve with bread, ham, sausage or broccoli.