Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I've always wanted to make this - forgot where I found it.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cajun Dirty Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices of thick bacon (pancetta)
- 12 ounces chicken livers
- 8 ounces fresh ground pork
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking long-grain rice
- 6 green onions, as garnish (optional)
- Preheat the cooker on high, while you perform the next steps.
- Lightly cook bacon, until fat begins to run.
- Prepare chicken livers, removing any gristle, and chop fine. Add veggies, and cook for no more than a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add livers and ground pork to pan, and cook gently - DO NOT Overcook!
- Pour broth, spices, and rice, in with the livers and ground pork, and bring to a boil, then add ALL to crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to four hours.