Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was running very late the other day and tossed this stuff into the crock pot, only to discover a delicious dinner awaiting us upon my return. I do not use canned mushroom soup concentrate (we avoid MSG), but I had a small box of the Portobello Mushroom Soup mix which was manufactured by one of the more "natural" companies. Here is the result! You can jazz it up with real or fake sour cream as you wish. We didn't bother; the kids were already devouring it. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- 2 lbs beef (I used pepper steak, you can use any stewing type beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced (or, 1/2 lb of mushrooms, sliced)
- 2 cups mushroom soup (I used a small box of the Portobello Mush. Soup made by Imagine soups)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tamari (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown beef.
- Add onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Toss everything into crock pot.
- Cook on low about 6 hours (depends on your pot).