Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
Make and share this Crock Pot Apricot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together dressing, jam and soup mix.
- Brush each piece of chicken with sauce and place in slow cooker; cover chicken with any remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
This is an outstanding recipe. I have made it for years. Instead of French dressing, I use Russian. Also, I use the whole amount of Russian dressing that is in a small bottle. Great with parsley potatoes. A sure keeper in your recipe box.
The flavours in this chicken dish are divine. I used 3 chicken breasts and cooked on low for 3 1/2 hours. Just the right amount of tasty sauce. Thaks for posting. =)
Also works with apricot sauce from Trader Joes! I use it with a bit of honey and spices like nutmeg and cinnamon.