Recipe by Dessertcher
I used a similar recipe on here but the topping was too doughy. So I tried it with oatmeal added to the top part and it was much better. And it added some oalmeal goodness.I used McIntosh apples because I like apples that cook down.
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
Awesome! I used Golden Delicious apples and followed the recipe exactly. I was excited to see that it did crisp up nicely near the end of the cooking time. A couple of things I'd change for our own preference would be to keep the skins on the apples and to stir the sugar and cinnamon into the apples before cooking to coat them more evenly. Overall, this is a great recipe and we will use it again! Thank you!
- 8 apples, peeled. cored and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Generously spray a crock pot with non stick cooking spray, line with apples. Sprinkle the white sugar and cinnamon over top.
- 2.Mix together flour, brown sugar, and oatmeal. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until you get pea size pieces of butter. in a bowl.
- 3. Cover the apples with this mixture.
- 4. Pack the flour-oatmeal-brown sugar-butter mixture. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- 5. Use a medium size crock pot to make this. Using a large crock pot will probably not work well as the ingredients will be too spread out and may burn around the edges.
- 6. Serve with vanilla ice cream.