Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first had this at a graduation party. It's a sweet and sour treat - don't let the odd combination of ingredients fool you! Great for potlucks.
- 1360.77 g ground beef
- 236.59-473.18 ml cracker crumb
- 2-3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 29.58-44.37 ml dried onion flakes
- salt & pepper
- 14.79-29.58 ml beef bouillon powder, for flavor (optional)
- 453.59 g can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cranberries or 1 can cranberry sauce
- 236.59-354.88 ml brown sugar
- 1 bottle chili sauce (found with marinades and condiments)
- Meatballs: mix all ingredients, adding more crumbs if necessary, or another egg if too dry.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place in crockpot.
- Sauce: mix all ingredients, pour over meatballs in crockpot.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or until meatballs are cooked through, stirring once or twice, carefully, after 4 hours.