Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very tasty recipe. Especially for those on a gluten free diet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal (check ingredients for gluten free if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon any garlic and herb seasoning
- 4 chicken breasts
- Place cereal and walnuts in processor and ground finely then place in shallow dish.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt and pepper in shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in butter mixture then in cereal to coat.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
amazinggg! this combination of walnuts and rice krispies is such a different texture, my boyfriend went crazy over it...the only thing is, i would add a little less garlic powder bc it was a little too strong once cooked...but other than that it was FABULOUS!
This is a really great way to eat chicken! The cereal gives it that great crunch factor and the walnuts give it a sorta sweet, nutty taste. I do feel there needs to be more walnuts however. I myself at least doubled the amount even and would maybe use a bit more next time. I was somewhat skeptical that there were so few spices, but it seemed to be plenty and they cooked up perfectly in the stated amount of time. NIce and moist! Also VERY simple to make!