Apple Cider Chicken
I found this recipe on dlife.com. I thought it sounded very yummy. Of course since I'm on a gluten free diet I made a few changes to the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups granny smith apples, sliced thinly
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage in a shallow pan. Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken and brown each side 5 minute In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and milk, then add cider. Add the apple slices and cider mixture to the chicken; simmer, uncovered, until the apples are tender, about 20 minute The cider should be reduced by half of the original volume.
- Place the chicken and apples on plates and top with the apple cider mixture.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm not quite sure what happened, but this did not turn out for me at all. The apples came out tasting of the cornstarch, and I had to cook down the cider for much longer than 20 min. I would like to make this again, and see what happens. It must have been operator error, not the author! Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.Reply
I used regular plain flour and 3 chicken breasts weighing about 225g to 250g each and the cooking times were perfect. I used 4 granny smith apples for the 3 of us which was plenty and worked well for the diabetics and served over doongara rice. Also when I went to assemble everything I discovered I had no apple cider just apple cider vinegar so used a dry white wine and it worked well. Thank you Chef #844890, made for New Kid on the Block.Reply
see 1 more